Tuesday, July 17, 2007

31 weeks down and 3-6 weeks to go!

Life in Norman is rocking and rolling along with summer in full swing (and nearly over!). The flooding rains have gone--Matt was able to enjoy the higher river levels in Arkansas this past weekend with Dad and other Ozark Society paddlers from Shreveport. The heat has kicked up here, reminding me to appreciate the prolonged spring-like weather we have had until now.

Being 31 weeks pregnant with twins is beginning to be challenging, with the increased swelling, fatigue, emotional roller coaster ride and BH contractions. As of last Fri's doc appt, things look well. We have an "average sized" little Peanut and a "large sized" Squirt, which is great for having two babies in my belly. There is not much more room but they are certainly trying to make space! Squirt, who is on the bottom, is head down and ready to go, so if all stays put, we are setting up for a vaginal delivery. My cervix is remaining closed and there is no sign of pre-term labor at this point. The babies have been responding to our voices, especially Matt's (I guess they hear me all day long and it's not as exciting as hearing their daddy!). They are kicking and wiggling up a storm, moving constantly and growing very well. Their heartbeats have been very strong throughout the pregnancy, always around 150 beats per minute. My fundal height measured the equivalency of a woman 38 weeks along in her singleton pregnancy, so you can imagine how big my belly looks (and why I only have a few shirts that cover it!)

Everything is going really well and I am trying to maintain a positive attitude and let go of fears and emotional insecurities about becoming a new mom. It is very encouraging and life altering to have a wonderfully supportive and loving partner who is by my side through everything. It is also hopeful to see how well Kendal and Lauren are doing with their twins, as well as other of our close friends who have newborns.

I know that Matt and I are going to be fine and the babies are going to be beautiful and healthy and challenge us like we have never been challenged before. I know that God is in complete control of what is going on and that gives me comfort, peace, and security. Thank you for all of the many prayers and thoughts for our well-being and strength....keep 'em coming!

1 comment:

Christy said...

Good luck Carrie! I hope your birth goes smoothly and can't wait to see pics of Peanut and Squirt. Josh and I enjoy visiting your blog--we have a blog, too and it has been such a great way to communicate with friends and family and show off pics of our family. I'm glad you started one.