Wednesday, May 28, 2008

How could I forget to write about....

my first Mother's Day???

The day began wonderfully. I was awakened by sweet Abs who gave me her first piece of art! It was a 12x12 stretched canvas where Daddy painted a heart in the center and Abigail "hand painted" around it with bright primary colors. When George the sleepyhead finally awoke, he presented his art too! Matt shared the story of their art time...Abigail was fascinated with the feeling of paint on her hands and was timid in putting it on the canvas, so her hand motions are short and whispy. George loved painting and was aggressive in his technique, smearing and grabbing the canvas with both colorful hands!! The 12x12 canvas have already found their place in our bedroom and I will treasure them daily. Daddy also presented me with 2 hour-long in-home massage sessions from our fabulous-o massage therapist Missy Dodson.

We went to church, received sweet carnations for Mother's Day, and the nursery ladies made "footprint" art with the babies for the mommies. We spent the afternoon shopping for new clothes for me. What relaxation and feelings of being loved! I adore spending time with my hubby and babies!

No comments: