Monday, March 30, 2009

Texas Recap

After making it home safely from Land of the Stomach Plague, I was able to recover and contemplate on the success of our trip. Crazy, I know, especially after reading the post below. It is amazing how things never go according to our plan but yet, they are just what we need.

Lots of time was spent "just hanging out" with a sickly Aberdoodle on my hip and watching G play with his cousins. More time was spent relaxing on my inlaw's backporch in the beautiful Hill Country. It was "forced" downtime which was a good thing. I tend to overplan, trying to cram too much into too little time, running to see this person or eat there. I end up back home after the trip more exhausted than when I began, though I love seeing old friends and old stompin' ground.

This time I came home with a full soul for different reasons...watching those I love step up to the plate with a grace-filled spirit...get lost searching for snakes, turtles, fish, and a bunny rabbit in the middle of H-town with my precious nephew, nieces, and sister at the Bird Sanctuary...lovin' on the newly engaged Ames and Drew...watching G learn how to blow bubbles with Grammy...seeing A beam with pride as she begged for "more" water to be added to her watering can to water the plants with Grandpa...watching G blow kisses to his Oma who was thrilled to see her great-grandtwins...watching G open-mouth kiss the Morris' dog Jack (yuck, G came up with a mouth full of brown fur!)...watching G&A master going up and down the single stair off the backporch...sliding and climbing at the park...first trainride at San Antonio Zoo and second trainride at Landa Park in New Braunfels...chasing A all over the McKenna Children's Museum in New Braunfels...staring at the zillion stars in the Hill Country.

I thank God for the blessings found amidst the chaos...

2 comments:

DandW said...

Sounds like it turned into a perfect trip! Love the new pictures!

Anonymous said...

We absolutely loved seeing you guys! I was reminded how much fun it is to hang out with the Jankowski/Martin/Morris gang.

Love,
Amy and Drew