Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Arkansas and Animals...

I would write about our fun this past weekend in Arkansas with the Land Clan, but I could not do a better job than Lauren did on their family blog. Click here to see the adorable pics and story. Love love love the pics of the twins in the "eggs"...I did not record a single photo as I was a bit overwhelmed with anxiety of being on single mom duty since Matt was three shades of white with a stomach bug. Thanks Lauren for capturing the weekend. We are totally in love with sweet Evie Claire and wrapped even tighter around Carlisle and Camper's fingers! What a precious family!

Today we set out for a Zoo adventure. I was skeptical as behaviors have been less than desirable lately, but G&A had a blast and were perfect angels amidst the hundreds of kindergarteners (it was Kinder Day at the Zoo for all of OKC metro schools--yikes!). G's favorites were the giraffes and zebras and A loved the monkeys and lizards. Enjoyed the new Children's Zoo where they got to play in the water. Matt met us for a picnic lunch and A had to take him to see the lizards!

On our first trip to the OKC zoo earlier this winter, I was too chicken to pull out the camera since I was piloting solo. But today was gorgeous and they were hamming it up so I got a few good shots. Cracks me up...some pics they look identical, and others they barely look related....power of genes still amaze me. They are hardly my babies anymore...so grown up!

The cool waterfall and stream where the kiddos could play and explore....our water-loving babies took off their shoes and had fun wading in the water and throwing rocks.

This pic was taken when Abigail decided she did NOT like the giraffes anymore because they were a little too close for comfort. She likes animals from a distance or behind glass. Mr. George loved it and wanted to feed them his goldfish!
Matt thinks this is the first picture ever where either of our children look like me....can you guess which one?

1 comment:

DandW said...

Looks like you had a great day at the zoo! G&A are adorable and so big! Take care all. Love, Wally