Wednesday, August 29, 2007

It's nice to be loved...

Okay, I got two emails today gently harrassing us for not making an entry yet. So here goes...

We are fine. Babies are still in utero. Made two trips to the hospital this week for "false alarms": Sun night and Tues morning. Sunday night for contractions that were 2-8 minutes apart (most were 3-4 minutes apart) but apparently they were not "intense enough or close enough". Nurse Helga said that I should be 2-4 min apart and be unable to walk or talk through them. Don't know about any other rookie parents, but that sounds a bit too close for comfort for us....we would prefer not to give birth on the side of I-35 on the way to OKC. Then we had a small scare Tues morning as we had not felt Squirt move since Mon night so by 11am, we were on our way to the Urgent Care again. Of course, as soon as I sat down in the Triage Room, Squirt started kicking and I swear I could hear that bambino laughing in utero!! Just keeping its parents on our toes! Squirt has not stopped moving since then....

Appts today went great. Level 2 Ultrasound showed all positive outcomes for the markers and the babies were "estimated" at 7 lbs. 1 oz. and 5 lbs. 9 oz. with a one pound variance--who knows what they will actually weigh but it shows us that they are good sized and closer in weights. Short appt with our midwife afterwards was encouraging to not induce but to keep trying natural remedies this week and we are scheduled for more appts next week if we make it that far. I am feeling good, still contracting pretty often, eating spicy foods, walking the block daily, and eager for the babies to arrive.

Thanks for all the care and concern from friends and family...you help me to keep going with a positive attitude!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Carrie & Matt - you are going to be too busy to update the website when the babies finally arrive. I keep checking back every couple of days. It's going to be so wonderful. My baby Salvador turned 13 months on Sunday. He is the greatest thing that ever happened to me. I am not sure I could contain the joy of having two. I can 't wait till you have your babies. Double blessings!! Love, Paige... oh, by the way, we are going to shreveport for Thanksgiving. PLEASE let me know if you are going to be there. We would LOVE to meet the babies (and see you and Matt of course)